IOSH Managing Safely
Health & Safety training does not have to be boring. In fact you should expect to find the training stimulating and interesting – maybe hard to believe from what you have experienced before?
We are continually frustrated that many trainers still think it acceptable to deliver un-inspiring training that fails to involve you. Your guarantee from us is that a course with Mesh-4-Training is different; why not look at some of the feedback we receive.
- Our Packages
- Dates and Locations
- About the course
- Course Outline
Two fantastic value packages to choose from:
Our standard IOSH Managing Safely package offers fantastic value for money and includes the following:
- the full four day interactive tuition as per IOSH advised 2009 Managing Safely programme
- the latest IOSH DVD’s used to enhance the training
- delivered by trainers with over 25 years of experience in health and safety
- the official IOSH Managing Safely delegate workbook
- all registration fees, test fees and certificate costs
- free hot and soft drinks available during course
- fully equipped training facilities in East Malling
- full certification via a written exam
Our premium IOSH Managing Safely package offers all the benefits of the standard course plus:
- Expert support for your Personal Implementation Plan; a free ½ day site visit by one of our professional consultants to assist delegate in implementing learning, normally £300 *
* Implementation Plan must be taken within two months of course exam
We believe we are the right choice for your training needs, here’s why…
- Fun, engaging and interactive
- latest DVD’s enhance the learning experience
- our tutors are dynamic and believe you learn best when you are enjoying yourself and being engaged
- Expert tuition
- our tutors have over 25 years of health and safety experience
Here’s what our delegates say…
The training literature supplied for this course was very easy to follow and was complemented superbly by the incredible industry knowledge of the course leaders. In addition, the pace and delivery of the course was highly conducive to good information retention. I would not hesitate in recommending Mesh-4-Training to deliver this course.Andrew Howe LJ Betts
I took the course in May 2016 and found it very enjoyable; the trainers had a wealth of relevant H&S knowledge.Andrew Manser DSH
A relaxed training environment; trainers were friendly and approachable - May 2016.Jenny Mason Cool Air Services
Trainers made the course enjoyable and interesting; their knowledge is magnificent - May 2016.Chris Hooper Marie Curie
Martin and his team gave a really informative and interesting IOSH course that I was privileged to be on. Loved every minute of it…. learned heaps for my team to put into practice. I partially loved the personal experiences that they were able to share with us.Kimberly Livingstone Charities Aid Foundation
It really brought home the importance of Health and Safety and made it all the more real. Not the first course I have been on with Martin and wont be the last.
Thank You Guys
IOSH Managing Safely dates and locations
All the course dates below are available in our Standard or Premium packages.
East Malling Conf. Centre
- Dec 12th – Dec 15th
In-house courses from 2018
From 2018 onwards we will be offering IOSH Managing Safely as an in-house course only. See our in-house training information for more information.
The IOSH Managing Safely course is designed to equip managers with the skills required to manage health and safety in the workplace and manage all aspects of health and safety at work within their teams.
Why choose an IOSH Managing Safely course?
The IOSH Managing Safely course is a health and safety course for managers and supervisors in any sector and any organisation. It is designed to give managers all the health and safety knowledge they need to help them handle health and safety in the workplace and within their teams.
The new flexible high–impact IOSH Managing Safely programme covers all the main health and safety issues and includes a session tackling environmental health and safety too.
Our IOSH Managing Safely course may be tailored to meet the particular needs of organisations and provides successful candidates with a recognised qualification in health and safety.
By the end of the IOSH Managing Safely course delegates will be able to:
- Apply basic management principles and practices to health and safety issues
- Set practical health and safety objectives and be able to plan and implement means of achieving those objectives
- Recognise health and safety risks present in the workplace and set appropriate control measures
- Take account of health and safety risks posed by human factors
- Ensure that adequate information, instruction, health and safety training and supervision is provided to ensure good practice of health and safety at work
- Investigate all health and safety incidents involving injury or damage in order to determine the causes and to take appropriate remedial actions
- Communicate effectively on health and safety issues with superiors, employees and health and safety professionals
- Understand the main legal requirements of employers and managers and to act to fulfil these obligations in relation to health and safety at work
Our IOSH Managing Safely courses run for four days as recommended by IOSH.
- Module 1: Introducing Managing Safely
- Module 2: Assessing risks
- Module 3: Controlling risks
- Module 4: Understanding your responsibilities
- Module 5: Identifying hazards
- Module 6: Investigating accidents and incidents
- Module 7: Measuring performance
- Module 8: Protecting our environment
Delegates who attend the IOSH Managing Safely course and successfully complete the written assessments and project will be awarded the IOSH Certificate in Managing Safely.
One of our many satisfied clients said…
I would like to thank Martin Moy and MESH consultancy for once again providing my team with great training (IOSH Managing Safety - Dec 2016) and giving my colleagues a sound understanding of their responsibilities. With 100% pass rate and managers engaging with their teams on Health and Safety issues I would consider the training a great success and a valuable investment.Mark O`Regan Parkserve